Where's Logitech's USB-C Unifying Receiver?

logitech
(Anthony Harris) #1

I’m an engineer by trade and spend most of my day at my desk. IT finally upgraded me to the latest MacBook Pro. Unfortunately, the New MBPs don’t have normal USB ports. To compensate for this they gave me a bunch of dongles.

But I don’t want to deal with dongles. It looks ridiculous to connect the tiny unifying receiver to the computer via a 3-inch cord. I just want to figure out when and where I can buy a USB-C Unifying Receiver from Logitech.

(Sam Solomon) #2

Welcome to Product Dork @aharris!

I am kind of in the same boat. I’ve considered upgrading my MBP, but the thought of getting trapped in dongle hell and the touchbar have pushed me away.

From what I can tell there isn’t a definitive release date on a USB-C Unifying Receiver. All I can find are people bitching on Logitech’s community forums about it.

From those comments it looks like the current strategy is using a small dongle like this one to go from USB to USB-C.

Logitech-USB-C-Unifying-Receiver-Method

I think it’s this dongle from Amazon. FWIW the Fakespot gives it an B, which is pretty good. CamelCamelCamel says prices fluctuate between $8 and $15.

Also, I’m going to change this topic category from Questions to General Discussion since I don’t think there is going to be a definitive answer here.

(Don Corwell) #3

TBH, if you’ve got a HDMI cord along with normal USB cords that you need to connect to your MacBook Pro, you’re going to be better off with a USB-C hub. With the above method you’re going to need an HDMI dongle as well.

Why not just plug the monitors and the Logitech receiver into something like this? That’s what I have and it works fine. It’s even an attractive looking dongle.

2 Likes
(Sam Solomon) #4

I think you’re right, in this scenario the USB-C hub makes more sense than the individual dongle.

(Anthony Harris) #5

Never thought about an all-in one dongle. Solid idea.

1 Like